Monday, September 3, 2007

What will my word be?

Every year at retreat we get words to study for the next year this is a fun and challenging thing to do. Last year I received the word "Fight" wow I wasn't too excited about that word but after studying fight it made it easier to fight the battles set before me when I had the word of God behind me. Well then I went on a retreat in April and got another word "Joy" my first thought was cool I love "Joy" well then God reminded me that Joy comes in the morning and is a result of various trials. Joy is an amazing thing but it usually follows a trial (and in case you are wondering it is true even though I have Joy it came at the end of many of trials.) We used to sing a song when I was a kid "Joy Joy this is what it means Jesus first Yourself last and Others in between" Oh so true. So with this said I am somewhat hesitant to get my word this year but I do know that it will make a great study and it will be great to have scripture to hold onto when I encouter various trials. So stay posted to find out what word God thinks I need to study this next year.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my dear friend - no matter what it is - it will grow you (remember my word?!) and challenge you. Gods not done with us yet!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad that I found you now, too! I've left a few comments on some of your other posts and added you to my blog, also! I look forward to getting my word, too! (I think...)

Thanks for linking to Susan's - I like keeping up on them, too!

Villalobos Family said...

My word last year was "compassion." I am still working on that. Bring me back one since I can't be there this year, if you remember ;)