Sunday, September 23, 2007

Walking in Obediance

This morning God awoke me to spend time with him at 4:10am so I got up made my coffee and sat down with my bible, Journal/devotional and God. I was really excited that it was 4:10am since he woke me at 3:30am Friday morning to spend time with him, I feel like I got to sleep in I was very happy. Before I read my devotional I prayed about some issues I was dealing with and asking God to speak to me and help me. Well I opened my devotion and it has II John 1:5-6 "...I ask that we Love one another.....that we walk in obedience to his commands" Then as I continued to read the writer writes "You need to obey what you know" WOW! Love and walk in obedience watch what you pray for you just might get it. At the end of my devotional it say Draw close to the fire of His Word, and your life will light up. Warm yourself at the scripture, just as you'd seek the heat of a fireplace. I want my life to light up so as I continue to "Inquire" of the Lord he continues to show me my ugly heart, gently discipline me and then encourage me. The word "Inquire" was meant for me it's going to help me grow.

No comments: