Monday, September 10, 2007

What will I do with what God said?

Well the retreat is over God has spoken and what will we do with what he has told us? It is so easy to get on a high at retreat but when we come back to reality Satan is waiting to trip us up and steal our joy. Let us remember the convictions we felt at retreat and the promises we made to our Lord. We need to remeber what Julie M shared with us "The Lord is our treasure" also remeber the the key she gave us to unlock the treasure "Spend time in the Word " sounds so simple but why don't I always do it? Well today I took my first step in spending more time with God we turned the TV off at 9:30am and it did not come back on until 6pm WOW! It was a great feeling and my son is learning with me. (It's never too early to teach them good habits) I realy liked what she said about the word "Selah" and how we need to stop and meditate on what we just read you see God has already been working on me to be still and know that he is God and what better way than to read his word then just "Selah" Well as I with the help of our Lord start my journey of walking closer to him and growing into the woman of God he desires for me to be I ask for your prayers and encouragement. In closing may we all have gems, jewels and gold piled high and very little wood, hay and stuble. What a great retreat! Thank you Lord for loving me and for pouring out grace and mercy on me. Don't give up on me Lord with your help I will triumph.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Amen and Amen! Its so hard to just stop at times.

Thank you for your friendship, your encouragement, unconditional love, and shoulder to cry on. I'm so thankful that God saw fit to make us friends. :)