Friday, September 21, 2007

Resting in the Lord

In my devotion this morning the verse "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 So I decided to do an inductive study on this verse. I ask myself 1)Do I go to Christ when I am weary and burdened? 2) Do I rest in him? then came the questions 1)Why don't I go to Christ? and 2)Do I know how to rest in him? As I thought about these questions I got stuck on Do I know how to rest in Jesus? This should be simple but yet I struggled with it, as I continued to read in my journal it said "Resting in Jesus means: feeling secure in Him and allowing His peace to fill your soul" it then said to start by mediatating on the Lord's promises and His everlasting love for you. There it is again meditate "Selah" that word Julie spoke of from retreat. I am so busy that it is so hard for me to just sit and listen and meditate but it is a pattern in my lessons from the Lord lately. As I think about resting in the Lord what an amazing thing feeling secure in Jesus, letting him fill our soul. It's what he wants for us he is just waiting for us to ask him. We miss out on so much the Lord wants to give us because we just don't ask. (I guess you could also say Inquire of the Lord there is my word Inquire) I pray we all find our rest and security in our Lord. There is no better place to be. Thank you Lord for meeting me this morning.

2 comments:

Erica said...

So did you do this study on behalf of me? ;) Funny I had this very same conversation with the Lord on Thursday morning. Amazing peace came over this weary soul. Thank you for your words of wisdom. Love you my friend.

My Blessed Life said...

Well it happned to be my devotion for the day. See how God is. This was a good one for me too. Love ya Erica.