Friday, August 22, 2008

And my word is PATIENCE

OK, today I had to go to the 17 & Union Hills to get fingerprinted for my new job. I was told to be there at exactly 2pm with a money order for $51 sounds pretty simple right? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! On my way to work this morning I stopped at the bank for a $51 money order and had to pay $5 to get it so I got there at 1:50pm and was seated in the library to fill out the paper work and wait for the finger printing lady, well 2pm came and went and NO lady finally at 2:28pm (yes I was watching the clock) here comes this older lady (she told me she was in her 70's) shuffling in to where I was 28 minutes late and her cell phone rang she looked at me and said sorry I have to take this call it's important. (Now I guess that means I wasn't all that important to her.) She finally does my prints and I go to the office of the lady in charge to give her my money order for $51 and much to my surprise and this ladies dislike my money order is for $50 not $51 she told me she couldn't accept it because it wasn't for the right amount (let's just say compassion is not her gift) I ask her if I could just give her a dollar she said NO she can't accept cash I said what about a check she said NO only a money order so I proceeded to ask her what did she want me to do she said go get a money order for $1 at the AM/PM gas station I said OK where is the AM/PM she said oh yeah you don't live here so she told me how to get there so I went to AM/PM and ask for a money order and they said "we don't do that" I ask if they knew where I could get a money order and they sent me to Circle K I got directions and headed to Circle K where they gave me a money order for $1 but I had to pay .99 cents to get it in cash. So back I went and gave her the $1 money order and then I headed home only to make a turn to get back on the 17 and find out that the on ramp was closed so I had to go find another way to get back on the freeway.
You see at our leadership retreat last weekend we got words to study for the next year and I got the word PATIENCE and today was a lesson in patience. I must say I wasn't perfect but I did keep my cool. So my guess is this is only the beginning of my lesson in patience.

7 comments:

God's Girl said...

Hey Tam,

Perhaps you passed your test in patience and you can be done????

Naw... I don't think so either...

Wow... sounds like you had quite a day! At least that is done.

When do you start your job?

Susanz Place said...

WOW i wonder what God kept you from
;0)

xoxoxoxo - you did girl you did real good!

Lauren said...

I'm glad you shared your story! I think patience is MOST SURELY an area I struggle with. Pray for me on that! :)

Oh...I'll pray for you too!

Have a great night! (I guess it is about morning now- guess i should go to bed!)

drea said...

Sounds like you did a good job!!

Carolynne said...

Good job . . days like that can drive you crazy . . . at some point you have to start laughing because its just one thing after another.

Missionary Hicks said...

Isn't funny how when we ask God to show us where we need improvement, He always does? Sometimes I am afraid to ask. At the retreat last year I got "CONTENTMENT". A year later, that word is still chasing me around.

Villalobos Family said...

that was an awful story lol I would have been crying or yelling at some point during all that love ya!