Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Intamacy with the Lord

I came across a letter tonight that brought me great conviction. It was written by our Pastors wife at Calvary Chapel East Anaheim 13 years ago to the women in our body and I wanted to share it with all of you:
Beloved Sisters in Christ:
I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to share some thoughts with you that are heavy on my heart. Let me explain. I have been comparing the times in my own life when I have experienced real intimacy with the Lord with the times that I have felt far from Him. During those times of intimacy with God I am able to experience a joy that is not dependant upon my circumstances. On the flip side of that coin, I find that during the times that I am not experiencing a close intimate walk with my Lord, my joy and peace swing with my moods and I am very much dependant on my circumstances for how I look at life and how I feel.
Realizing this my qeustion to myself is then, "What is it that determines whether or not I am experiencing a deep and personal intimacy with the Lord?" The answer is spending Time In God's Word! When I am setting time aside to meet with the Lord through His Word, I find that He is always faighful to speak to me through it. I find that it is the only thing that has the power to cut straight through to my heart and change me from within.
The times I have come to God's Word trusting that it will be the vehicle He will use to teach me of Himself, I have never been disappointed! He not only teaches me of Himself but He also blesses me with Himself. I find that the Christian life I so desire, one of walking moment by moment, aware of the presence of God in me and with me is always available to me if I am in His Word.
I am so amazed that something that was written 13 years ago could still be speaking to my heart today. I love the way the Lord sends reminders to us sometimes. Thank you for your gentle reminders Lord.

No comments: