Thursday, December 6, 2007

An insight into Esther

My sister is studying Esther just like we are and today I read one of her blogs it really touched my heart, I love the insight my sister has when it comes to reading the word. I thought I would share what she wrote. What a powerful truth. (Don't tell her I took her blog)

Esther 5:1-21 Now it came about on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king's palace in front of the king's rooms , and the king was sitting on his royal throne in the throne room, opposite the entrance to the palace. 2 When the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, she obtained favor in his sight; and the king extended to Esther the golden scepter which was in his hand. So Esther came near and touched the top of the scepter.Observations: She chose to go before the King properly dressed – in her finest almost as if to show her respect to him and her seriousness of coming.** how do I go before my King? No it’s not about my actual clothes but it is about my actual heart – am I clothed with a state of mind of respect, and reverence.

Example: in my study time I take the time to pray and be still to pray on Gods Armor considering what each piece covers on my body and what that means, to repent if repentance is necessary, I breath just thinking of Him then I read asking Him to open the eyes of my heart to what He wants to show me knowing in faith that He will show me. It’s this little ritual thing I do before I begin in the Word- He didn’t go to her he just holds out the scepter and it is up to her to move towards it and touch it – this must be done before she can speak to him** it’s that picture of us God and the Jesus again – We can not reach God unless He gives us Jesus and we accept it– God makes the first move and then it is up to us to make the next move toward Jesus, but will we reach out and grab it. It’s there for us but are we willing to do it? Or would we rather stay in our current state of fear because we get to caught up in worrying about what it will look like once we grab on to Jesus.J.Vernon McGee calls the scepter “ The Scepter of Grace” - I like thinking about it in that way. For Esther she didn’t deserve it she broke protocol but she got it any way. For us we deserved death but God gave us Jesus anyway. As Christians God is there to give us grace daily and it’s up to us weather we take it or not. - so I ask have you taken your step today toward Him? have you reached out and taken what He has for you this very day? - - don't miss it!!!! - Esther saved a nation what can we do today if we just do our part?Keep Chasing Righteousness!!!!!

No comments: