Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day To Me

We decided to have lunch at home today (homemade spaghetti & Italian Sausage& garlic bread) and go out for dinner when the crowds were gone so we ended up at TGI Fridays and we were still so full from lunch we settled on appetizers & dessert.
The wonderful man who gave me my children and made today possible for me (He rocks!)
My amazing funny kids who made today very special. Hannah gave mommy a gold heart necklace with diamonds around it and Joshua gave me solid gold heart shaped earrings.
This was our dessert. Hot brownie with ice cream on top and hot fudge & Carmel all over it. YUMMY! It took Brian, Hannah & I to eat it, it was very rich.
This is what it looked like when we were done. Today was a great day, I love being a mommy.
As I sit here and reflect on my wonderful day I can't help but remember that 5 years ago today May 11,2003 I was celebrating Mothers Day and preparing for a c-section the next day to give birth to Joshua and today I find myself celebrating Mothers Day preparing for Joshua's 5th birthday tomorrow. Five years goes so fast my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Erica said...

OOO how fun!! So glad you had a good day my friend.