Sunday, January 27, 2008

Christmas with Grandma & Pappy Smith








My dad and my stepmom were just here for a visit to see us and we had a great time. We all celebrated Christmas while they were here it was so nice. We first went to El Paso and had dinner (it was so good) then home to sit around the tree I still have up and open gifts, it was a great time to be had by everyone. This year one of the gifts they gave us was a card in which they told us that they took one day and dedicated it to each of us and prayed for us and then they told us what day it was and what they prayed. What an awesome gift to get one whole day where someone spent the day praying for you. We were so blessed.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! Thats so neat. Did they tell you what day they prayed for you. Did anything significant happen that day that you remember. Thanks for sharing!

My Blessed Life said...

Yes they prayed for me on the 21st of December that was the day we were stuck in Chicago trying to get to Iowa and my son was running a high fever and vomiting. It was a day I definetly needed prayer the cool thing is they didn't even know what was going on at the time so God had them praying for me just when I really needed it.

Susanz Place said...

Yes the gift of prayer is the greatest gift - when we got our cards that they had spent dec 10th (aarons birthday) i remember how on that day i was the most thankful for the gift of aaron - all day when i would see him i knew his life was a gift more than we could ever imagine - i kept thinking i must be pmsing because i was so moved - funny that i never imagined it to be the Holy Spirit - anyay i'm so glad your visit was good. ours was great too!!! - love ya

Sarah said...

Thats SO awesome!