Friday, November 16, 2007

6 days to Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. (Don't get me wrong I love celebrating our Lords birthday) When I was a child I loved going to grandma & grandpa's house eating the best food ever cooked and spending time with my grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins. I come from a huge family and the holidays were always a big deal. My mom, aunts & grandma would start days in advance making pies (chocolate was always my favorite) cookies, candy, and breads. I was so blessed to be raised with all of my family around all the time, now as an adult I am left with all of my memories from the past and making new memories with my husband & children. I want to spend my day thanking our Lord for everything he has given us and instilling in my children how to have a heart of thanks. I am so blessed and I want to make sure the Lord knows how thankful I am. I will be blessed this year with my sister, brother in law and my nephew coming to town to be with us, I plan on cherishing the time with them and creating new memories. Make a list of everything you are thankful for and remember to thank our Lord. Here is my short list:

My salvation, my husband, kids, family, friends, my home and my church here is Surprise.

God bless you this holiday and I am thankful for all of you.

No comments: