Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Be still and know that I am God"


I am sitting here in the quiet of my house listening to my family sleeping and the words "Be still and know that I am God" keep running through my head. How often do I actually sit still and just give God a chance to speak to me? Life is so busy I am always running to or from something and my time to just sit at his feet is becoming less and less. I am always reminded of Mary & Martha and I would love to say I am just like Mary sitting at Jesus feet hanging on his every word in total awe of him but the truth is I am Martha. My hearts desire is to be more like Mary and less like Martha. I want to sit in the stillness and just listen to God. Maybe it's fear of what he might tell me? I don't know maybe. Lord I need your help remind me to take time to be with you so we can talk. I love you Lord.

1 comment:

Erica said...

AMEN! Oh and I found you! ;)